Whitney Butcher joined Hilliard Martinez Gonzales in 2021, bringing with her a wealth of experience in mass torts, particularly in the area of products liability. Prior to joining HMG, Ms. Butcher was a partner at a prominent personal injury firm based in North Carolina where she started and managed their drug and device practice group.
In addition to maintaining a high mass tort case load in over twenty different mass tort litigations, Whitney has represented plaintiffs in a wide variety of general personal injury, pharmacy, and single event medical device cases in all stages of litigation, including at trial.
Ms. Butcher’s work has garnered recognition from her peers. She has been named as a Super Lawyers Rising Star – Product Liability from 2019-present. She has also been selected as a National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40.
Other notable accomplishments include:
- Appointed to Plaintiff’s Steering Committee, In Re Smith & Nephew BHR MDL
- Appointed to Discovery Committee, In re GranuFlo MDL
- NCAJ Products Liability, Class Actions & Mass Torts Section Chair, 2018-2020
- NCAJ Auto Torts Executive Committee, 2016-2019
- ProBono and Poverty Committee, NCBA Young Lawyer’s Division
- AAJ Law Schools & Publications Committee