Off-highway vehicles (OHVs) like ATVs, ROVs, UTVs, PTVs, and golf carts can be a lot of fun––but accidents involving these vehicles can result in serious injuries.
If you or a loved one was injured in an accident involving one of these vehicles, our lawyers can help. We can investigate your case to determine if another party could be held accountable for your losses. Then, we can seek fair compensation.
You could qualify for compensation if:
- You suffered injuries due to a defective OHV.
- You were hurt in an accident involving an OHV.
- Your immediate family member was hurt or passed away following an accident involving an OTV.
We also help people injured in golf cart collisions.
OHV and golf cart manufacturers can be held accountable for defective design, insufficient safety features, and faulty manufacturing that causes devastating accidents. On the other hand, negligent motorists can also be held accountable if their actions cause collisions.
We can help you seek recovery for damages such as:
- Medical bills, reflecting your past, present, and future care needs
- Physical therapy and other types of rehabilitation
- Lost income, wages, and bonuses
- Lost employee benefits
- Loss of future earning capacity, if your injuries continue to affect your working ability
- Mental anguish and emotional challenges
- Pain and suffering
Compensation in a Wrongful Death Case
Pursuing an injury case can be challenging enough, let alone when you are grieving a loss. If you lost a loved one to their injuries in a golf cart or OHV accident, we can seek recovery for:
- Your loved one’s final medical costs
- Funeral and burial costs
- Loss of income to your family
- Loss of companionship
- And more
According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), ATV-related deaths on public roads significantly increased in the last several decades. We can work to hold negligent off-road vehicle users and makers accountable.
Typically, we will first work to settle a case through negotiations. If necessary, we may file a lawsuit against the liable party and take a case to trial. Throughout the process, we will seek the best possible results for you. Your lawyer can present a compelling case based on evidence.
Our injury lawyers can take care of all the legal details in your case while you focus on other matters, including healing from your injuries. If you work with someone from our team, you will not have to worry about:
- Meeting important deadlines
- Filing necessary paperwork
- Gathering evidence to prove liability on behalf of the other party
- Determining the value of your economic and non-economic losses
- Handling all communications with the other party
- Negotiating a fair settlement
- Litigating at trial, if a fair settlement cannot be reached
- Understanding local and state laws that may affect your case
Our injury lawyers have experience handling negligent recreational vehicle accidents—and we can accomplish these things for you.
At Hilliard Martinez Gonzales, we are not afraid of tough cases against powerful companies. We’ve won millions for innocent victims of negligence in accident cases. In our experience taking on major corporations, we are often able to settle out of court. These companies do not want to see us at trial.
You may wish to work with us because:
There are No Upfront Fees Required
If we take your case, we offer our help on a contingency-fee basis, which means you don’t pay us unless we win.
We Get Results
We have a track record of winning multi-million dollar settlements against negligent companies. In a case against Toyota, we won $11.4 million in an accident involving sudden acceleration defects in the vehicle.
We’ve been Recognized for Excellence
Our founding partner, Bob Hilliard, was awarded Elite Trial Lawyer of the Year in both 2015 and 2016. He received this recognition for the Motor Vehicle Lawyer category and Product Liability category.
In Texas, you generally have a limited amount of time to file suit after another party’s negligence causes injury. These statutes of limitation depend on the details of your case, however, and there can be some exceptions to these limits.
We can advise you on how these statutes may affect your case. We recommend getting legal aid as soon as you can. This is because starting early can give your legal team time to gather important evidence.
An adult or child involved in a golf cart or OHV accident can sustain catastrophic injuries. These may include:
- Traumatic brain injury, which can impair your working ability and require many forms of therapy
- Spinal cord injury, which can result in various degrees of paralysis
- Broken bones, which could result in restricted movement
- Fatal injuries
These kinds of serious injuries can be especially costly, often involving ongoing care, such as rehabilitative therapy or surgery. We will work to recover all injury-related losses so that you aren’t left paying out of pocket for these expenses.
Children’s Injuries Can Also Leave Your Family with Losses
It’s legal in most states for minors to drive an ATV or golf cart on private property. However, most do not have the experience, judgment, or muscle coordination to operate these machines safely. Sadly, when accidents occur, children’s small sizes make them more vulnerable to life-threatening injuries.
Our accident lawyers can seek compensation for your family if your child was hurt in an accident involving a golf cart, ATV, OHV, ROV, PTV, or UTV.
If you or someone you know sustained serious injuries while operating or riding on one of these dangerous vehicles, we want to hear your story.
Your initial consultation is free. Call us today to learn more at (361) 882-1612.