Talcum powder use has been linked to ovarian cancer – let a lawyer with Hilliard Martinez Gonzales help you pursue a talcum powder cancer lawsuit to recover your costs and losses.
We have years of experience taking drug and medical product manufacturers to court for selling harmful products to an unsuspecting public. Baby powder should be the least harmful product on the shelf, but now we know that it has been linked to ovarian cancer.
Understanding the Health Dangers of Talcum Powder
A number of medical studies indicate that some women who have used Johnson & Johnson’s Baby Powder (talcum) for use on infants and feminine hygiene have developed various forms of cancer, according to Reuters. Johnson & Johnson has thousands of claims against it for injury caused by its defective or harmful products, including Risperdal, vaginal mesh implants, hip implants, Baby Powder, and Shower to Shower Body Powder.
Our attorneys stand ready to represent women (or their survivors) who developed ovarian cancer after long-term use of Johnson & Johnson talcum powder, either the Baby Powder or Shower to Shower Body Powder. If you were harmed by this product or believe you could have been, we can determine if you have a case for compensation.
Talcum Powder’s Connection to Ovarian Cancer
As long ago as 1971, researchers found particles of talc embedded in ovarian and cervical tumors. Scientists believe that long-term use of talcum powder on the genital area can lead to cancer when talc particles migrate into the body and cause inflammation. Inflammation has been identified as an important factor in the development of ovarian cancer.
Black Women May Be More Likely to Have been Exposed to the Product’s Risks
New lawsuits are being brought against Johnson & Johnson to show that talcum powder was marketed to black women after the company knew about the risks of the product, according to National Public Radio (NPR).
According to NPR, 60% of women using the product in 2016 were black. The National Council of Negro Women has drawn a link between the company’s marketing efforts towards black women and this product usage data.
We can help you understand your options if your exposure to this dangerous product led to a health condition such as cancer.
Forms of Damages Available in a Talcum Powder Lawsuit
If you or a loved one developed ovarian cancer after using Johnson & Johnson talcum Baby Powder or Shower to Shower Body Powder, we may be able to help you get compensation for:
- Medical expenses, current and future
- Long-term care costs
- Loss of income due to illness
- Loss of future earnings due to illness
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish/emotional distress
The costs of treating cancer can be staggering, not to mention the hardships a cancer diagnosis can inflict on your work, mental well-being, and your life.
We don’t think you should have to pay for the costs of injuries caused by a dangerous product. We will work hard to seek compensation that addresses your past, present, and future losses.
How to Know If You Have a Case for Compensation
Essentially, if we can prove that your talcum powder use led directly to your health condition, you may have a case. We can investigate the details of your case to tell you if you may be eligible to file suit.
If we take your case, we will need to prove the following to show that it is valid:
- The product was dangerous.
- The product caused your cancer or other health condition.
- You faced damages as a result.
- You were using the product as it was meant to be used.
It can be challenging to know if you have a case on your own. We can help clarify all of your questions about whether or not you qualify to seek damages.
What Our Team Can Do for Your Personal Injury Case
Product liability consists of some of the most complicated types of injury cases. However, when you work with our team, you won’t have to worry about the legal details.
We will handle every aspect of your case for you, including:
- Gathering evidence to prove liability and your damages
- Using expert witness testimony to build your case as needed
- Filing all necessary paperwork
- Handling all communications with the liable party’s representatives
- Negotiating a fair settlement
- Litigating for you at trial, if needed
- Pursuing your best interests through every step
- Advising you on your legal options
We Can Handle the Most Challenging Parts of a Talcum Powder Cancer Lawsuit
Talcum powder lawsuits can be complex, and a liable party may use aggressive tactics to challenge your right to compensation. Our team of talcum powder lawsuit attorneys has experience with these tactics and is prepared to fight back. We can deal with issues such as:
- Claims that your health condition was not linked to talcum powder
- Claims that your health condition is not as serious as it is
- And other tactics to deny or downplay your case for compensation
Why Work with Hilliard Martinez Gonzales?
Our team does not shy away from cases against major corporations. In fact, our track record is one reason why we are often able to settle a case out of court – since the liable party does not want to see us at trial.
You may want to work with our team of injury lawyers because:
- We’ve won product liability cases. We’ve gone up against companies such as Toyota and General Motors to seek results for victims and their families. We secured a $90 million settlement and a $10.9 million award in cases involving vehicle defects.
- Our awards speak to our commitment. Our founder, Bob Hilliard, was awarded Elite Trial Lawyer of the Year in 2015 and 2016. He has won this award in both Products Liability and Motor Vehicles categories.
- We work based on contingency fees. This payment structure means that you don’t owe us anything upfront in order to begin your case, as we only receive payment if we win for you.
There Is a Limited Time to File Suit in an Injury Case
While you may wish to consider your options before getting started with a case, keep in mind that there is generally a limited amount of time to take action. Texas’ statutes of limitation designate deadlines for filing product liability cases in the state. We can tell you which of these deadlines may apply to your case and whether or not you qualify for any exceptions.
There are other reasons why you may wish to get started sooner rather than later. For instance, the longer you give your legal team to build a strong case, the better opportunities we may have to gather evidence.
Steps You Can Take to Protect Your Case
If you will be taking legal action in a talcum powder case, know that you can take several steps to set an ideal foundation for a claim or lawsuit.
- Avoid accepting a lowball settlement: If the liable party’s representatives contact you with an early settlement offer, know that this may be a low offer. We can help you understand the value of your case and seek fair compensation.
- Seek medical treatment and continue with care: Documenting your health condition is key in any injury case. Not only is doing so important for your health, but showing how your health condition progressed will be important evidence in your case for compensation.
- Get legal advice from our team: Your case review with our team is free. This call can help you understand your options for moving forward.
Get a Free Case Review from Hilliard Martinez Gonzales
You don’t have to be alone in your case. If you had cancer or are now suffering from cancer as a result of talcum powder use, our legal team can handle your lawsuit.
Give us a call for a free initial consultation. There is no obligation. If we take your case, we will work on a contingency-fee basis, so you don’t pay us unless we win. Call us today at (361) 882-1612.